Monday, February 21, 2005

rethinking


rethinking
Originally uploaded by himbly.
We rented the 4th season of Oz...

...and I've realized how much I overlooked while pontificating about the goodness vs badness of mankind.

My first mistake is to define anything like that at all. But, I think it's part of the human condition to try to make sense of all...

*waving hands around*

...this.

The point I was overextending earlier was this. We look at how people act in different cultures and situations and tend to judge them with the tools our own experiences have given us. We, as middle class Canadians, are largely not equiped to judge actions taken by people in such different conditions than the ones we live in.

But...there is simply evil acts performed by evil people. Here, there, all over the dang place. Why? Who knows...

I'll think about it.

No comments:

Find me on MySpace and be my friend! D-List Blogger