Tuesday, October 11, 2005

No patience for pests


Mouse_Trap
Originally uploaded by himbly.
There's a mouse in my kitchen....

....!!!!!!

waaahhhh

What is it about such a tiny little creature that makes me...

a sentient, bipedal, huge (relative to the mouse) mammal

...freak. the. eff. out. when I see one?

I just walked into the kitchen, went to reach for a cup on the drying rack and he was staring back up at me. And, somewhere in my frontal lobes I appreciated how durn cute the lil guy was...

...but clearly my hindbrain took over and I screamed and lept out of the kitchen.

Screamed, everyone.

And not that kinda cute girlie yelp, either.

I let out a wordless exclamation that resembled the same ones all our mothers used to do when you hid behind a door and jumped out at her as a kid.

You know...kinda mid-tone "Aaaah!"

*shame*

So...that 'little begger' (as the woman at the drugstore just called it when she saw me pick up a mousetrap) is going to have a last meal of cheese and peanut butter.

I know...I know...living creature...yadda yadda yadda...but I just can't.

I can't.

I can't live with it and I can't do the 'humane' thing and drive it out to where a/ it's going to come back, b/ it's going to find someone else's house to run into or c/ it's going to freeze anyway.

The only way that little beast and I are going to be able to co-exist is if one of us is dead. And I have a paper due.

2 comments:

boho said...

what the hell am i gonna write about this...
you knew i'd at least say ~something~

Himbly said...

I knew it!

Well, don't fret. So far the mouse has outsmarted me at every turn.

Find me on MySpace and be my friend! D-List Blogger