Tuesday, October 11, 2005

No patience for pests


Mouse_Trap
Originally uploaded by himbly.
There's a mouse in my kitchen....

....!!!!!!

waaahhhh

What is it about such a tiny little creature that makes me...

a sentient, bipedal, huge (relative to the mouse) mammal

...freak. the. eff. out. when I see one?

I just walked into the kitchen, went to reach for a cup on the drying rack and he was staring back up at me. And, somewhere in my frontal lobes I appreciated how durn cute the lil guy was...

...but clearly my hindbrain took over and I screamed and lept out of the kitchen.

Screamed, everyone.

And not that kinda cute girlie yelp, either.

I let out a wordless exclamation that resembled the same ones all our mothers used to do when you hid behind a door and jumped out at her as a kid.

You know...kinda mid-tone "Aaaah!"

*shame*

So...that 'little begger' (as the woman at the drugstore just called it when she saw me pick up a mousetrap) is going to have a last meal of cheese and peanut butter.

I know...I know...living creature...yadda yadda yadda...but I just can't.

I can't.

I can't live with it and I can't do the 'humane' thing and drive it out to where a/ it's going to come back, b/ it's going to find someone else's house to run into or c/ it's going to freeze anyway.

The only way that little beast and I are going to be able to co-exist is if one of us is dead. And I have a paper due.

4 comments:

Rosa Benito said...

The gospel according to Dennis-Michael
SAY hello to our YOU Blog Addict of the Week, Dennis-Michael Broussard. Got a blog? Interested in being featured? Just e-mail joeyalarilla@gmail.com . You could be the next YOU Blog Addict.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Julia Elvarado said...

Yahoo Launches Podcast Search
InternetNews Business Report Boston News DC News NY News SiliconValley News select a newsletter above, type your email and click the arrow to sign up! Symantec Resource Center Check Out These Exclusive ...
Find out how you can buy & sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

eener said...

what the hell am i gonna write about this...
you knew i'd at least say ~something~

Himbly said...

I knew it!

Well, don't fret. So far the mouse has outsmarted me at every turn.

Find me on MySpace and be my friend! D-List Blogger