Monday, October 02, 2006

why do I keep posting this type of stuff?

Another meme (is that what they're called?) I invite you to join in.

(I always find them from random blogs I never visit and forget to reference once I copy/paste it onto my own. Sorry.)

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:

You'll be sorry ---> "Optimality Theory (Prince and Smolensky 1993, McCarthy and Prince 1993)..."

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can...what do you touch first?

I'm sensing a theme here. It's an article called Some Notes on Noun Incorporation by Jerrold M. Sadock.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?

About 2 minutes of a home reno show just before I turned to my mother and said, 'there's an awful lot of home reno shows on TV.'

4. WITHOUT LOOKING, what time is it?

9:20

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

9:27...not bad. But I looked at the time when it was about 9:15 or so.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

Cars. Bf typing. It's Monday, so no jackasses. If I would have done this earlier, I would have said some really effing loud guys redoing the floor of the restaurant below me.

7. When did you last step outside?

About 9:15 or so. I was just getting some work done in Starbucks and decided to come home to finish. So...then...I blogged. Ta da.

8. What are you wearing?

Oh...I'm used to seeing this typed out on msn. Ha! Bottom-up: converse, jeans, Eener's old shirt (the one with the 3 on it), and a grey zip-up sweater. Oh, and my headband that I love but is too loose.

9. When did you last laugh?

Just now when I heard bf yell, 'fuck yeah' which means he's probably playing WoW and he probably just did something awesome and I'm about to hear all about it.

10. Seen anything weird lately?

Uh. Hmm. Oh yeah...my 90 year old grandmother painted her fence with a bathbrush...though, you may have already heard (scroll down). At the cemetary, my mother and I saw a poor fella's grave who was obviously waiting for his wife...though she was born around 1884, so she's almost completely certainly dead by now and he's still waiting. Is it wrong to add we found that kinda funny at the time?

11. What did you dream last night?

I dreamt I had a dachshund that I was carrying around with me. Then I dreamt that some people who I think might be mad at me weren't mad at me. There was a couple of other things but I can't remember.

12. What's on the walls of the room you're in?

My Mr. Men painting that my cousin made for me when I was little, my degree from many years ago, a pic of me and Nanny on the train in Britian somewhere when I was 9, a whiteboard calendar, a cork board, and a print that bf and I call 'the beaver cleaver'...don't know if that's it's real name.

14. What do you think of this survey?

'salright...it's getting me away from what I should be doing and that was it's purpose.

15. What's the last film you saw?

Ha! A guy and his gf at the theatre last night said (to about 5 of us working in some capacity with the film fest), "you guys are so lucky. You get to see ALL the films AND get paid for it." This was met with rousing laughter as we all listed off how many films we saw...the average of which would be somewhere in the 0.25- 0.5 range. The gf, obviously thinking this was because we were ~not allowed~ to watch the films, suggested ways we could have 'snuck in'. Again with the laughter as we informed her that we were allowed to see any of the films..for free, even, if we wanted. The problem was the amount of work that was put into the film fest coupled with the amount of work having a regular life to support the film life entailed meant that, no, sneaking in wasn't the problem.

So...having said that, I did manage to catch a good portion of Dead Man on the monitor in the booth while I was waiting for the film I was building to wind. Great movie, btw.

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?

A house.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know.

You don't know?? You're my blog.
That I'm starting to get antsy that this questionaire is taking too long and I should get back to my work.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, what would you change?

Wow. Tough question. I have to get back to that one.

19. Do you like to dance?

Yup. But I can't if I hate the music.

20. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?

No idea...depends on the moment and the personality of the child...what little there is when they're newly born.

21. Boy?

see above

22. Would you ever consider living abroad?

I ~am~ a broad.
Overseas? Yes. I would.

No comments:

Find me on MySpace and be my friend! D-List Blogger