Tuesday, September 27, 2005

...stuff...


Hello Nurse
Originally uploaded by himbly.

I try not to do regular posts about what's going on in my life...blah blah blah

(say that like a vampire)

but, I seem to be doing that lately, so..what the hay, hey?

My grandmother is in the hospital again. This time blood clot in the arm. She called my mother...

who, by the way, is a fabulous person

...Saturday night and was in the hospital in short order when my mother saw that Nanny's arm was blue and dead cold. Few hours later, quick slice, drag out bloodclot, sew 'er up and bang...back in business.

I could never do it.

Sunday morning I was visting the hospital practically counting the ways I couldn't ever be a doctor or nurse. The sight of my 89 year old grandmother, unwell from the drugs she had been given, attempting to remove said drugs from her system was enough to have me turn on my heel and wait in the little tv room until I judged it was appropriate to come back.

It makes me sad to see her in the hospital. She looks so tiny in that bed. I was rubbing her feet through the sheets and her legs seemed so small. I'm so used to seeing her so robust and Polish.

Anyway...I'm busy writing a paper on Kalaallisut (West Greenlandic).

No comments:

Find me on MySpace and be my friend! D-List Blogger