Sunday, December 31, 2006

aaaannnndddd....BREAK!

Holy crap.

Holy effing crap.

Last night at around 12:30, I finally finished my semester.

Whoooo! Spring...no....Winter break! YEAH!

I've been writing papers for so long that I don't know what to do with myself. I hear that there's people out there who know me...some of them even like me. I hear I have friends. These people I have not seen in so long, I have forgotten what they look like.

Dang.

I have a week to do nothing. OH. Again, that's a negative. But...I have a week to do considerably less pressing stuff before school starts. Even slightly longer than a week. I'm rolling in free time!

No one cares, but it's my blog so I'm gonna tell you that my papers were on the following topics:

Morphology class: I wrote about the acquisition of the morphological causative affix order in Inuktitut. This stuff is NOT my strength, so it was really hard. I am pleased because, really, I think this means I never have to take another morphology class my entire career. Not that I regret it, but one is definitely enough.

Phonology: I wrote about the asymmetries in the acquisition of onset and coda clusters (kids master coda clusters faster than onset clustesrs) and why I think that there's some physical and psychological reasons for it.

Thanks for indulging me.

These papers have obsessed me for...well, I don't know how long but I did start working on both over a month ago. Never again! I will, from now on, start papers significantly earlier. Jacqui and I have a plan.

It is new year's eve today and I am happy to be able to relax and hang out at home tonight without being tied to a word document. But first, I feel like musing on my first semester of graduate school:

holy effing crap.

That was something else. I seriously can't believe a/ how much I crammed into my head about linguisics and b/ how little I know about linguistics. I really hope for the next semester, and indeed for ever more, that I learn how to manage time better.

No comments:

Find me on MySpace and be my friend! D-List Blogger